A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Randomness

I have recently been requested to post again here. I understand why people would want me to post again, my posts have the same calories as sugar or honey and are good in moderation, or something like that. So here are some more Random Thoughts:

When I can't find my cellphone I just call my number from my home phone to find it. I wish I could do that with Emma's hairbrush, but I think it's unlisted!

Speaking of phones, did you hear about the introvert who never used his answering machine?
He couldn't leave an outgoing message.

This morning Lucy (who just turned 3 in December) came up to Amy with a piece of paper and a pencil and asked her something about giants. Amy thought by the context that she wanted her to draw a giant and tried three times to do so to Lucy's mounting frustration. Finally Lucy could take no more and said to Amy " Mom, look at me, I want you to write the WORD giant!"

And finally lets head back to the phones to a conversation I have had with more than one telemarketer:

Telemarketer: Hi, I'm calling to tell you about our product.

Me: I'm sorry, I don't do business over the phone.

Telemarketer: Neither does our company, let me go ahead and tell you about our fantastic product.

Me: You are doing business over the phone right now.

Telemarketer: I meant besides that.

Craziness!

Next Time: Emma Writes (The photograph edition)

No comments:

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip