A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A New Way to Cut Pancakes

A few years ago my wife was helping out one of her friends who just had a baby by taking care of the rest of the family. They had 4 or 5 other children at the time. Amy had brought pancakes over and realized that when you have lots of young children, cutting pancakes can be an arduous and time consuming experience.

So about a year ago, here is what she came up with. Use a pizza cutter to cut pancakes. It has revolutionized pancakes at our house. It has even made pancakes a finger food for some of our kids.

So Pizza Cutter Pancakes works for us. To see what works for others go over and see Kristen at We Are That Family.
Next Time: Garden Update


9 comments:

It Feels Like Chaos said...

We do this, too. It works great! I also use my pizza cutter to cut rolled out dough to make bread sticks -- so fast and easy that way!

jugglingpaynes said...

Boy do I feel dumb! Three children and I can't believe we never thought of using a pizza cutter for the pancakes!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Kimarie @ Cardamom's Pod said...

We do this, too! It saves so much time! I use it also to cut biscuits - I just make them square.

Moore Minutes said...

Genius! Perfect idea. :)

Amanda said...

That is awesome!! What a great idea... I'm totally using this.

Come stop by my blog ~ I’m sharing a tasty thing I found that works for me and my daughter, which you’ll see LOL. Plus I have a little info on a Non-BlogHer party going on with GIVEAWAYS and fun!! http://www.garibaysoup.com

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh I love this idea.....gonna steal it!

Anonymous said...

Great idea - perfect for our 4 year old. Thanks for stopping by.

Kelly said...

I want to know how you CLEAN the pizza cutter! Ours is always still dirty in between the two sides that come up around the blade, even after the dishwasher, and that part of the blade is usually still dirty too. Not usually really dirty, but I can see food grease or oil still on that part of the blade when I spin it out from behind the metal fork that holds the blade. Do they make one that disassembles for cleaning? becuase that would be a lot easier.

Lisa said...

I love this idea! Why have I never thought of it myself! Thanks for sharing!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip