A Quote to Start Things Off

Somebody told me there was no such thing as truth. I said if that's the case then why should I believe you" -Lecrae - Gravity

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, November 20, 2009

Lizards Rock!


I really thought it said Lizard!




When I was 17 I met a girl and dated her for almost 3 years. My entire Senior year and my first two years after High School. For the latter 2 years I was also a volunteer leader in my high school youth group. For those two reasons I read a lot of books on dating relationships at that time. One book I read recommended many different dating ideas. After I read it I was always on the prowl for unusual dating ideas.



One day I was visiting a friend at the Elmhurst Hospital. I saw a sign for a museum in the town. It was called the Lizard Museum, at least that's what I thought. It sounded cool, a whole museum about Lizards? It sounded like it might make for an unusual date. When I got home, I called my girlfriend (This was early mid eighties and cellphones weren't really the end all or be all that they are now) and told her about the museum. She also thought it was cool, and we talked about going there some time.



Flash forward about a year. I was at my girlfriends dorm room meeting some of her suite mates. One of the girls was from Elmhurst. I got all excited and said, "Hey, have you ever been to the Lizard Museum?" At first she had no idea what I was talking about. Then she started laughing. " You mean the Lizzadro museum!" She said, "It's a rock museum!"



Now 25 years or so after the Lizard Museum debacle, I am finally heading over to the Lizzadro. It's full title is the Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art. It's a free day at the museum, so a number of families from my home school co-op are heading that way.
That's my Six Words, for more six word Saturday At Show mt Face dot com click here.



3 comments:

betty said...

LOL! what a cute story! just stopped by to check out all the 6-word entries this week; I don't know, I think I would rather go to a lizard museum than a rock one; hoping you enjoy it when you finally get to visit it

betty

Chick Hatchers said...

I hope you had a great time. We have not been there, but live just 10 minutes away. Had we known you were headed there, we might have met up with your co-op. (Or crashed your field trip, depending on how you want to look at it.)

Maybe you'll consider doing a review of the field trip on your blog?

mychildsview.blogspot.com
chickhatching.blogspot.com

jugglingpaynes said...

Cool! A rock museum! Not as lively as a lizard museum, but I'm sure my kids would be just as happy!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip