A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Six Word Book Review



I am trying to write book reviews about all the books I read this summer. Book reviews take time and that's not always a commodity I spend well so I decided to try a six word review.


The book:


The Review: Riordan's Myth book does not miss!

A few extra words: The first paragraph and the chapter titles (Chapter 1: I accidentally vaporize my pre-algebra teacher + Chapter 10:I ruin a perfectly good bus are some of my favorites) alone make the book worth the time it took me to read.

I originally read it to discover if it was appropriate for my 8 year old son. My verdict is this: I don't think He is ready for it yet. Perhaps when He is 10. That isn't to say it isn't for any 8 year olds. I just thought that there were certain aspects of the book that I don't think He is ready for. I think any adults who are wondering what this series (Percy Jackson and the Olympians) is all about should read the book themselves. I think you will enjoy it and be able to make a good determination as to whether your own child would like it.

To review more Six Word Saturday head over to Showmyfacedotcom.

Next Time: Catching Up.

2 comments:

John (@bookdreamer) said...

I think that's the series that has just been filmed as the wannabe replacement to the Hogwart's Franchise. The dog's back Saturday

Olivia said...

Great! I need to read this series!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip