A Quote to Start Things Off

""I'd love to go to Santa Fe at some point, Emmett said, but for the time being, I need to go to New York. The panhandler stopped laughing and adopted a more serious expression. Well. that's life in a nutshell, aint it. Lovin' to go to one place and havin' to go to another. Amor Towles in the Lincoln Highway.

Search Me!

Pictures of Memories I

Pictures of Memories I
Snow kidding! These "kids" now range from 17 to 23

Friday, April 13, 2012

Is Your Mama a Llama (Original Song)

 AS IN LLAMA

I love a good catch phrase.  It probably comes from spending my formative years watching 70's t.v. it seems each show had at least one good catch phrase.  But instead of merely being happy with Dyn-o-mite, Heyyyy! or Shaz-bot, I like to make my own catchphrase.  A few years ago I took to inserting the word llama into every conversation I got into, much to the chagrin of my children.  It got so bad that somehow I agreed to paying them 5 cents each time I said llama in a month long period.  The kids played a terriffic joke on me when they asked me to read 2 bedtime stories to them, and pulled out Is Your Mama a Llama and Llama, llama red pajama which their co-conspirator, Amy took out from the library.  After the month we were all richer for the experience, them literally and me figuratuvely. 

So when I was trying to figure out what to post about today, I thought back to my carefree llama days of yore. I also found this cool video on you-tube where they make a song out of Is your mama a llama.  





That must have caught a pretty penny to produce.  Not to mention the nickels.

Speaking of change don't forget that by commenting on this post you enter into the drawing to win a collection of  50 state quarters.  Click here for more details.

4 comments:

Guilie Castillo said...

Funnily enough, Dave, I have a friend whose dad does the "llama" word thing, too :) Great post!

Cindy Dwyer said...

Hi Dave! When Guilie emailed me about your blog I had to check it out for myself. My dad was in Bolivia in the Peace Corp (late 60's) and he still, to this day, uses llama as much as humanely possible.

Do you say it with a Spanish accent too ("yama")?

Thanks for the laugh!

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

Cute video!! Nice to read a blog from the dad's perspective; I'm a homeschool mom but dad works away from home so much so he's not involved in it.

Anonymous said...

May 8th, 2012
"Is Your Mama a Llama" is a story filled with words and Phonetic rythmical endings to fun words! Our Pre-K and Kindergartner's saw the bonding with a Mother and their child. After the story was read. My Library clas sung the original,
"Is Your Mama a Llama song." The expressions were sparkling on their faces of a true bonding with their Mothers. A view of God's animal Kingdom gave such a model of love in God's Great Creation!

A to Z 2023 Road Trip

#AtoZChallenge 2023 RoadTrip